Hi! Thanks for stopping by...

I love.... God, hubby, my posse of kids, wool, jelly beans, quilting, my Canon 50d, watermelon, fabric, Philadelphia Soft Pretzels, TastyCakes, my Bunco girls, laughing, my chickens, antique quilts, buttons, sewing, photography, freshly bathed babies, camping, the sound of snow falling at night, Fiestaware, Elm Creek Quilt books, and a whole lot more! I am a Pastor's wife,a homeschooling mom, a proud Navy mom, and am just downright busy!

Friday, November 12, 2010

Roll, Roll, Cotton Boll Mystery Quilt!

 

 

Bonnie Hunter, @ www.quiltville.blogspot.com or www.Quiltville.com is starting another mystery quilt challenge.  If you aren’t already familiar w/ Bonnie and her websites, you MUST check them out!

Bonnie has several amazing quilt patterns on her website that are available for you to use at no charge!  She just wants you to give her credit, and send her a picture!  She also showcases a great organizational way to handle your fabric. Now, if she would just come up with one for the rest of my life, I’d be doing oooooookay!

These are the fabrics I am contemplating using for the mystery challenge.  I think  I will go w/ oranges, blues, and greens as the 3 colors, the watermelon for the anchor, and the 2 beiges for the backgrounds.  I am not too much of a purple person and don’t know that I have enough of it anyway.  But then, I have that nice, 1 1/2 yd, cut of the darker batik, maybe that as an anchor, or first border? Hmmm? 

Maybe we need to vote!

 

Not many people will be surprised that I am using batiks.  Frankly, I am tired of batiks.  Don’t tell anyone on the Western Slope I said that, ok?  It’s only a temporary illness anyway.  But, this is what I have enough of to use for the quilt.  I believe the quilt is to be @ 108’ x 89” or so.  Nice size. And this will look beautiful on my bed. I also feel that if I deplete my batik stash, I will be able to go out and buy more, when my illness passes.  And it also shows me, I don’t have enough of other fabrics.  I better take care of that one too.

Oh my.  Poor MacGuyver,  He needs another job!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog!

Leave a note to say you stopped by to visit!