Hi! Thanks for stopping by...

I love.... God, hubby, my posse of kids, wool, jelly beans, quilting, my Canon 50d, watermelon, fabric, Philadelphia Soft Pretzels, TastyCakes, my Bunco girls, laughing, my chickens, antique quilts, buttons, sewing, photography, freshly bathed babies, camping, the sound of snow falling at night, Fiestaware, Elm Creek Quilt books, and a whole lot more! I am a Pastor's wife,a homeschooling mom, a proud Navy mom, and am just downright busy!

Saturday, February 6, 2010

The Year of the $5

2009 was the year of the $5 quilts. This one was actually $4.99 BEFORE my 20% coupon. Don't you just love it!



I feel one of my purposes in life is to rescue certain hand-made items from the thrift store shelves. I have found 2 beautiful cross-stitched samplers and many quilts over the last year or so. As a quilter, I know how much time goes into making a quilt. Let's not even mention the cost of the fabric ($10 a yard is now a good deal and even a baby quilt takes 3-4 yds minimum). A simple one block wonder baby quilt can take 2-3 hrs just to cut & piece. Then there's batting, backing, quilting, and the worst part, binding!

It breaks my heart to see these beauties just discarded like garbage. Some pieces are even signed. It's my job to rescue them. I will love them.

(just a note, i have also found some quilts at the thrift store, that were SO UGLY they should be burned, not sold for $4.99! They did not make it into my shopping cart.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog!

Leave a note to say you stopped by to visit!