Hi! Thanks for stopping by...

I love.... God, hubby, my posse of kids, wool, jelly beans, quilting, my Canon 50d, watermelon, fabric, Philadelphia Soft Pretzels, TastyCakes, my Bunco girls, laughing, my chickens, antique quilts, buttons, sewing, photography, freshly bathed babies, camping, the sound of snow falling at night, Fiestaware, Elm Creek Quilt books, and a whole lot more! I am a Pastor's wife,a homeschooling mom, a proud Navy mom, and am just downright busy!

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Gideon's Army


We read about Gideon in our history this week. God chose little Gideon to be a Judge (leader) for Isreal. God told Gideon that the Isrealites would win a particular battle against the Philistines. God told Gideon to reduce the amount of soldiers going to fight in this particular battle, so that when the Isrealites won, they would offer the glory to God and not themselves.

Gideon's army collected all the pots and buckets the people had, and surrounded the camp of the Philistines at night. They smashed the pots w/ hammers and yelled and blew their horns. The deafening noise was quite frightful to the Philistines. Some of the Philistine soldiers killed themselves in fear, the others ran away. They thought the Isrealite army surrounding them was HUGE because of all the noise.

So the kids made pots and buckets and baskets out of clay to represent what Gideon's army might have used to scare the Philistines. Here's a shot I took today of some of the items. I was trying to work on my Depth of Field. Don't think I did a great job but.. .that's ok!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog!

Leave a note to say you stopped by to visit!