Hi! Thanks for stopping by...

I love.... God, hubby, my posse of kids, wool, jelly beans, quilting, my Canon 50d, watermelon, fabric, Philadelphia Soft Pretzels, TastyCakes, my Bunco girls, laughing, my chickens, antique quilts, buttons, sewing, photography, freshly bathed babies, camping, the sound of snow falling at night, Fiestaware, Elm Creek Quilt books, and a whole lot more! I am a Pastor's wife,a homeschooling mom, a proud Navy mom, and am just downright busy!

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Smooth

So school is going good so far, even though we're having a 'light week' to start. Yesterday we started our Christian Liberty Press Nature Reader 3 and started reading about the ants. The kids enjoyed 'observing' ant lions seek and destroy their prey. Today we read about creation in the Mystery of History. The kids had to create an animal unlike anything they knew of; they had to create it out of clay, name it, and then write about it. They had to write what type of species, what it eats, what it does....
Chicklet and her horsemouse

It's only August 25th, it's @ 102' outside, and I am soooo ready for cooler weather! I made homemade potato soup, apple crisp, and anadama bread for dinner. Does that not scream FALL, it's FALL! The Weather should be COOOOLER! Oh wait, we're in Vegas. Leaves don't turn color till January here.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog!

Leave a note to say you stopped by to visit!