Hi! Thanks for stopping by...

I love.... God, hubby, my posse of kids, wool, jelly beans, quilting, my Canon 50d, watermelon, fabric, Philadelphia Soft Pretzels, TastyCakes, my Bunco girls, laughing, my chickens, antique quilts, buttons, sewing, photography, freshly bathed babies, camping, the sound of snow falling at night, Fiestaware, Elm Creek Quilt books, and a whole lot more! I am a Pastor's wife,a homeschooling mom, a proud Navy mom, and am just downright busy!

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Resolutions follow-up. Uh Oh!

Way back in the beginning of the year, I wrote a post with my New Year's Resolutions.
I want to see where I am at with mine. 
Does anyone else do this?  The downside of posting them on my blog = accountability! Yikes!

Here they are!

Resolutions?



-use my time better for God         (could always improve)

-pray more for my kids                 (yes, as they give me more to pray about!)

- lose weight                                  (oh yes! I was down a total of 26 lbs, now it's 21, but working on it)

-eat 5 servings veggies every day   (failed MISERABLY!)

-be joyful in all that I do                 (yikes.... one that always needs improving!)

-keep my list of 'to do's caught up    (again.... one that needs improving and SOON!)

-be a better wife/mom              ( I have my good days...)

-handle money better               ( could always use improving!)

-keep my home life prioritized and in order     (another could always use improving)

-not get behind in homeschool    ( well, that's the beauty of homeschooling. I set the schedule,lol)

-get up at 5:30 am everyday so I can have my 'quiet time' and get to the gym & back before kids get up for school and...                         (hmmmm, again, no)
   
-go to gym 6 mornings a week    (not really) 
                                                        ( but I did run a 5k!)



Bucket List for 2011

(or things I'd like to do this year)


- start hiking more with my family    (went a few times w/ the kids & friends)

- get back east to see my family there  (as of Dec. 7th, I'll have been there 2x)

-get to NC to hang w/ Kim for 2 weeks (give or take)   (sadly, no...)

-get to Reno/Minden to hang with Cindy for 2 weeks (give or take)    (She came here for 2 days !)

-get to Cracker Barrel w/ Tami at least 4 times  (been there once w/ her, once w/ McGyver, once w/ Cindy)

-Colorado quilt camp  (yes, one actually completed!)

-Ely quilt camp     (sadly, no, not yet!)

-Vegas quilt camp    (nope, not yet)

-Beach/photography road trip w/ Becky & Leslie    (why yes, did this!)

- spend the summer somewhere cooler than the desert   (spent part at the Little Blue House, and had a quilt camp there)

-visit my Mid at the Academy  (yes! as of Dec. 10th, will have done that 2x)

-advance in my quilting skills    (well, relatively successful. my bindings are getting better)

-advance in photographic skills    (again, relatively. )

-grow a better garden     (yes, I did this. relatively!)

 
Well, there's the skinny on my resolutions list.  Looks like I'll be busy the rest of the year!
Where are you with your list? Any better than me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog!

Leave a note to say you stopped by to visit!