Hi! Thanks for stopping by...

I love.... God, hubby, my posse of kids, wool, jelly beans, quilting, my Canon 50d, watermelon, fabric, Philadelphia Soft Pretzels, TastyCakes, my Bunco girls, laughing, my chickens, antique quilts, buttons, sewing, photography, freshly bathed babies, camping, the sound of snow falling at night, Fiestaware, Elm Creek Quilt books, and a whole lot more! I am a Pastor's wife,a homeschooling mom, a proud Navy mom, and am just downright busy!

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Autumn Stars at Night.... all quilted!

quilted Hunk #2's birthday quilt!  Isn't it beautiful!




The backing is a 100% cotton Ralph Lauren denim sheet.  I am making the binding out of the remaining fabric!

ps... Kristina took the pix too!

The original pattern was Smokey Mountain Stars by Bonnie Hunter of http://www.quiltville.com/
She had posted several photos of this pattern people had made, and someone adapted it into this pattern (the border & retangles).  I figured out her pattern from the photo and made it. However, the name and photo are no longer on the website, at least as far as I can see.  I wanted to give her and Bonnie Hunter the appropriate credit.

And to all those who comforted me as I cried over this .... thank you!
(heehee)

I was so excited when I saw that picture of the quilt adaptation. I had been collecting fall batiks and thought it'd be the perfect quilt to use them in!  I was getting the fabrics prepped when Hunk #2 walked in the room (Summer 2010) and said, Mom... can you make me a quilt? I want stars on it. And in fall colors? Huh, Mom? Can you?
'Really?' was my thought.  I nodded my head and said, 'well, maybe someday.'



No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog!

Leave a note to say you stopped by to visit!