Hi! Thanks for stopping by...

I love.... God, hubby, my posse of kids, wool, jelly beans, quilting, my Canon 50d, watermelon, fabric, Philadelphia Soft Pretzels, TastyCakes, my Bunco girls, laughing, my chickens, antique quilts, buttons, sewing, photography, freshly bathed babies, camping, the sound of snow falling at night, Fiestaware, Elm Creek Quilt books, and a whole lot more! I am a Pastor's wife,a homeschooling mom, a proud Navy mom, and am just downright busy!

Thursday, December 30, 2010

heartbreaking

Went to a funeral service this morning, for a young boy @ 8 yrs old.  He was the youngest of 5 boys, from a family in our Scout group.  I don't know if he'd been sick for a while, or had health issues. He passed away in the middle of the night, so my guess is, yes he did.

My heart breaks for the parents.  How do you carry on after something like that?  My guess is, you still have people who need you, who need you to function in your roles as fully as you can.  My heart breaks for the siblings.  Were they close?  Did they fight as siblings do?  He's just a little boy.  I feel joyful for him, because I know he is in the presence of Jesus.  My prayers will be for the family; for healing, peace, comfort, and love.

It just doesn't seem right when it's a child.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog!

Leave a note to say you stopped by to visit!