Hi! Thanks for stopping by...

I love.... God, hubby, my posse of kids, wool, jelly beans, quilting, my Canon 50d, watermelon, fabric, Philadelphia Soft Pretzels, TastyCakes, my Bunco girls, laughing, my chickens, antique quilts, buttons, sewing, photography, freshly bathed babies, camping, the sound of snow falling at night, Fiestaware, Elm Creek Quilt books, and a whole lot more! I am a Pastor's wife,a homeschooling mom, a proud Navy mom, and am just downright busy!

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Colorado Kaleidoscope

 

Presenting to you…

Colorado Kaleidoscope!

Started January 2010, top completed May 2010, quilting started/completed Dec. 2010, and…

hopefully will be bound by Dec. 2011(just kidding???)  how about, hopefully started by Dec. 2010!

 

Montrose, Co…. Jan. 2010  Quilting Sleepover Weekend at Kristi’s..  Kristi and Lori felt I needed to work on a large quilting project that particular weekend. They generously put together this quilt kit and included a pattern (can’t even remember what it’s called!). They were so sweet they even had the strips precut. ;-)

Off to work I went… sewing away, cutting away, sewing away!  I returned home to the desert, and over the next few months, completed the blocks.  I decided to sash the blocks, using a soft, buttery yellow.  I am so glad I did that, it adds a secondary pattern to the quilt.

Back to Montrose in May for another sewing weekend, and I sashed away and completed the quilt top.

I finally sent it off to Kristina @ www.froggybottomquilting.blogspot.com

and she did an amazing job quilting it!  She did it all freehand! It’s beautiful!  I received it in the mail last night and was so blown away by it all!  The quilting is amazing! It makes me feel like a real quilter!

So a special THANKS to Kristi & Lori for forcing putting this together for me! And another special THANKS to Kristina for a beautiful, lovely job on the quilting!

2 comments:

Welcome to my blog!

Leave a note to say you stopped by to visit!