Hi! Thanks for stopping by...

I love.... God, hubby, my posse of kids, wool, jelly beans, quilting, my Canon 50d, watermelon, fabric, Philadelphia Soft Pretzels, TastyCakes, my Bunco girls, laughing, my chickens, antique quilts, buttons, sewing, photography, freshly bathed babies, camping, the sound of snow falling at night, Fiestaware, Elm Creek Quilt books, and a whole lot more! I am a Pastor's wife,a homeschooling mom, a proud Navy mom, and am just downright busy!

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Blue & Gold - or- What Was I Thinking?




Either is an appropriate name for this quilt for Hunk #1. Since he's attending the USNA, starting July 1, I thought I'd make him a quilt for graduation with the colors of blue & gold - USNA colors. I found a cute pattern in my stash, 'looks easy enough' I thought. BEEP BEEP _ No, it's not! It's not an easy pattern! UGH!

The fabric was easy enough to buy, it was easy enough to iron, measure, measure again, and cut. It was easy enough to sew, cut, and iron. But when you realize there's a method to the maddness, yikes, run!

I hate ripping. Really. I really do. And I did a lot on this one. Ripping certainly humbles a person.


Anyway, it's done! Finished! I sent it off to Kristina at FroggyBottomQuilting.blogspot.com and she miraculously saved the day (as usual) with her wonderful long arm talent!


1 comment:

  1. what did hubby have to say?!? did he like it as much as you? and what about hunk#1? or are you saving it for graduation day?

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog!

Leave a note to say you stopped by to visit!