Hi! Thanks for stopping by...

I love.... God, hubby, my posse of kids, wool, jelly beans, quilting, my Canon 50d, watermelon, fabric, Philadelphia Soft Pretzels, TastyCakes, my Bunco girls, laughing, my chickens, antique quilts, buttons, sewing, photography, freshly bathed babies, camping, the sound of snow falling at night, Fiestaware, Elm Creek Quilt books, and a whole lot more! I am a Pastor's wife,a homeschooling mom, a proud Navy mom, and am just downright busy!

Sunday, March 25, 2012

I must be having fun, because time is flying by...!?

Time flies when you're having fun, right? Or so they say?

I look up, and another month has gone by. I look down to do something, look up, and more time has passed. That is one of the few things we can never recover.  Time gone, words spoken in anger, pre-baby weight, etc.

McGyver and I have been sick for a few weeks with a nasty cold.  Mine went to my chest and is now visiting my sinuses.  In addition, our pine trees are releasing an unprecedented amount of pollen, lol.  It's spring time, right?

Chicklet celebrated her 12th birthday yesterday!  She had a great day.... Daddy/Daughter breakfast (and won a huge gift basket filled w/ goodies), got a new guitar, had chocolate cake, opened more presents, went out to dinner with one of her bff's, had a sleepover guest, and today.... get's her ears pierced!  She's been waiting and waiting for this day!  I know we're behind the times, but that's ok.  I want her to have things to look forward to, to wait for... rites of passage.

 I remember (now I digress), Sailor Boy's 8th grade dance. (1st of all, really? 8th grade?) He H.A.D. to have a tux because everyone else was going to wear one! The girls were all going to wear formal gowns. REALLY? In 8th grade? So I found him an inexpensive one on eBay, much to his chagrin. But he wore it, and was soooo handsome. Anyway, I remember dropping him off, and outside the school were many young ladies, poured into these long, formal gowns. I don't think one of them had a slip on, or a girdle (lol) for that matter. I determined then to make sure my daughter always wore a slip of some sort!  I felt sad for these kids.... what was there to look forward to? They've already worn a tux and formal gowns before highschool. The Senior Prom was going to be boring by the time they got there. (and I PRAISE GOD we have no more senior proms because the other kids are in a small private school or being homeschooled - Sailor Boy's was enough to last me a lifetime).

Ok.... I will spare you the rest, hee hee.

Here are some of the submissions to M4H52. You can look for their group on Flickr.com.






Sparkle - week 12


Color


 Wild Card



 Blue - Week 11

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog!

Leave a note to say you stopped by to visit!